Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas Cook

3 posters

Go down

Thomas Cook Empty Thomas Cook

Post by shinpads June 27th 2008, 12:49

Right the Thomas cook deal gets extended by a year. So in reality kit wise we shouldnt be changing as last seasons kit had only been used for 1 season. I think that we have fucked up on the sponsor change so have had to go cap in hand to Thomas cook and beg them to stay on. Lots or rumours stated we would be sponsored by singha , i for one am glad we arent. But why would a sponsorship deal fall through? Is it to do with our new chief exec? Did we have a change in place and he came in and halted it? Who will be in the frame for taking over from Thomas Cook , I think we need someone credible, not some dodgy shit beer company (have you ever tasted Singha it tastes like fooking petrol) . I cant help but feel there is more to this than meets the eye. What pisses me off most is that we have been sucked into a kit change when it wasnt neccessary, I really liked last seasons kit and change for changes sake seems bloody stupid. Ok if you have a season ticket or city card you can get it for £27 , but that will be two lots of £27 in two seasons rather than paying out once for two seasons worth of shirt.

Something fishy behind the scenes and if city arent carefull they will get into trouble for changing the shirts too often, isnt there an un written 2 year rule on shirts, unless sponsors or manufacturers change?
shinpads
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Thomas Cook Empty Re: Thomas Cook

Post by stony June 27th 2008, 12:56

The last shirt I bought was the first Eidos one. I still get them for the lad though but tbh he couldn't care less. As a parent I'd be pretty pissed off with them changing as often as they do, but some fans would by a new home and away shirt every season if they could.

stony

Number of posts : 10352

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads June 27th 2008, 13:00

stony wrote:The last shirt I bought was the first Eidos one. I still get them for the lad though but tbh he couldn't care less. As a parent I'd be pretty pissed off with them changing as often as they do, but some fans would by a new home and away shirt every season if they could.

i always get the home one, and the odd away one, but only since i have been able to afford it. I know its a business and a revenue stream for the club but a new shirt every 12 months is taking the piss. At least they have had the decency to keep the price down, £27 isnt bad for a premier league team shirt but we shouldnt be changing for another 12 months IMHO
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar June 27th 2008, 15:29

When each shirt costs around £1.20 to make and distribute, if that, £27 is still extosion... better than £50 for a Chelsea or Cricket shirt though!
GStar
GStar

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down