Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackpoo V City

+3
jimharri
sdavros
mat
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blackpoo V City Empty Blackpoo V City

Post by mat October 14th 2010, 16:47

4-0

Statement of intent.
mat
mat
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Blackpoo V City Empty Re: Blackpoo V City

Post by sdavros October 14th 2010, 17:00

scrape a 1-0.

even money on Jim exploding over negative football Nonce Nonce Nonce Nonce
sdavros
sdavros
Barry Conlon's Shiny Head

Male
Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri October 14th 2010, 19:07

sdavros wrote:scrape a 1-0.

even money on Jim exploding over negative football Nonce Nonce Nonce Nonce
No denial, I notice.
Suspect

And yeah, I don't like the tactics we're employing at the moment.
jimharri
jimharri

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf October 14th 2010, 20:04

Well according to the Gaffer he dosnt either, but lets keep banging on about "negative tactics" Sleep

28-10 with a 1-4-5 attacking master class from Mancini and the boys.

bluealf
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri October 14th 2010, 21:52

3 or 4 would do. Just wish Mancini would take the shackles off and play with two up front (Ade and Tevez, until Balotelli is actually fit!) and a midfield of Nige, Silva, AJ and Milner.
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf October 14th 2010, 22:28

So in effect you want to play 4-4-2 ?

A formation that died in the top flight some time ago, it is all 4-5-1 switching to 4-3-3 whilst attacking.

Be patient Jim, success and glory are just around the corner.

As an aside you wouldnt get anything better entertainment wise out of Jose, he knows how to win ugly and he does that well.
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stony October 14th 2010, 22:33

Only ever met one Blackpool fan and it was back when we'd just been relegated to the third tier. He absolutely hated City and took the fucking piss every day I delivered to his firm. Not banter either, he had a genuine loathing for us.
Strangely enough he wouldn't or couldn't tell me the basis of his hatred.
For him alone I hope we batter the cunts about 10-0 and they never win another game in the Prem again.

stony

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by maineman October 14th 2010, 23:22

5-1 city Laughing
maineman
maineman
Shaun Goater's Right Shin

Male
Number of posts : 1614
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri October 14th 2010, 23:37

bluealf wrote:So in effect you want to play 4-4-2 ?

A formation that died in the top flight some time ago, it is all 4-5-1 switching to 4-3-3 whilst attacking.

Be patient Jim, success and glory are just around the corner.

As an aside you wouldnt get anything better entertainment wise out of Jose, he knows how to win ugly and he does that well.
Who said anything about Jose?
scratch

As for patience, how does 34 years grab you? I know and understand what you're saying Alf, but patience has a breaking point, hence my bitter disappointment and anger at the capitulation to the Baggies.
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf October 15th 2010, 00:55

Well after 34 years you should be used to it by now, I know I am.

Whats another year then ? Are you going to break just before the best spell of success this club will have in my lifetime so far, I doubt it mate.

By then the carling cup may well be the least of our hopes and dreams, your banging on about a cup we went out of with hardly a first team defender fit to play and then went out in the next game and ground Chelsea into the dust.

Ultimately he was right not to play the first team defenders that where fit, as then they wouldnt have been upto the rigours of making Drogba look like Heskey.

Second in the table mate, say it again second thats right second, we have a squad capable of winning this league and I would sacrifice the carling cup for the chance of winning the ultimate rag banner destroyer as LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2010/11.

(I mentioned Jose because he is the bestest manager in whole wide world and it wasnt a dig at you, just an example of how boring football wins you trophys.)

bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri October 15th 2010, 01:08

I just don't think we're in a position to pick and choose what trophy to go for. If we'd been winning the odd bloody cup every few years, then fine. Rest the ''big guns'' for the ''big'' games. But we haven't been, and I'm desperate to win something, even the so-called Mickey Mouse cup. Here's something to get you thinking; Oxford United, Wimbledon, Sheffield Wednesday (I think!) and Luton Town have all won a 'proper' trophy since we last did. That is shameful.
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mat October 15th 2010, 01:44

I know where your coming from Jim. The Carling cup would have made me happy if we only won that this season.

I'll settle for us tonking the Rags in Dublin!!!
cheers cheers cheers
mat
mat

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sdavros October 15th 2010, 11:40

mat wrote:I know where your coming from Jim. The Carling cup would have made me happy if we only won that this season.

I'll settle for us tonking the Rags in Dublin!!!
cheers cheers cheers

The 3 points we got against Chelsea more than made up for the capitulation at the baggies for me. I wasn't that upset about it anyway. Mancini prioritized the Europa and Premier Leagues because he thinks we have a chance in those. If we win one of those there can be no piss taking about a mickey mouse trophy etc etc. We will have won a trophy good and proper.

I hope we get shit teams all the way to Dublin and then absolutely mercilessly tear the heart and soul out of Liverpool Football Club.
sdavros
sdavros

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf October 15th 2010, 18:34

jimharri wrote:I just don't think we're in a position to pick and choose what trophy to go for. If we'd been winning the odd bloody cup every few years, then fine. Rest the ''big guns'' for the ''big'' games. But we haven't been, and I'm desperate to win something, even the so-called Mickey Mouse cup. Here's something to get you thinking; Oxford United, Wimbledon, Sheffield Wednesday (I think!) and Luton Town have all won a 'proper' trophy since we last did. That is shameful.

But that is the point jim, we are in a position to pick and choose what cup to target.

We have gone from A to C missed out B and after we finish in the top 3 if not champions we will be moving straight to D.

It is not softly softly tactics but a full scale assault on the biggest trophys now, they havnt invested half a billion quid to win the fucking carling cup.

I want us to win a trophy, the carling cup would have been great last season as well as the previous 30+ years but to win it at the expense of the title is just utter madness.

Your dislike of Mancini and the tactics used so far, are blinding you to the fact that we have moved on from that trophy.

He didnt rest all his "big guns" some of them were injured.

Also in all due respect what is your point by naming "Oxford United, Wimbledon, Sheffield Wednesday and Luton Town" as cup winners. ?

It's certainly not helping them now is it.
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri October 15th 2010, 19:14

But that is the point jim, we are in a position to pick and choose what cup to target.
Disagree Alf; until we get that monkey off our backs, I don't think we can pick and choose.

I want us to win a trophy, the carling cup would have been great last season as well as the previous 30+ years but to win it at the expense of the title is just utter madness.
And you think we'll win the title this season? If you do, then fair do's.

Your dislike of Mancini and the tactics used so far, are blinding you to the fact that we have moved on from that trophy.
If you can show me a post I've made where I've said I dislike Mancini, please do. As for his tactics, yeah; I don't like them. I won't pretend otherwise. At the moment, they're getting results, which is to be commended. But teams will start to get wise to them fairly quickly. Blackburn held us at bay pretty comfortably, we just scraped past Newcastle, Sunderland did for us and we got battered at Spurs, especially in the first half. Averaging a little over goal a game will only put immense pressure on the defence and is highly unlikely to win us anything.

Exactly. Some of them, not all of them. Last season we put out our strongest teams in the Carling cup at places like Palace and played more or less the same team the following weekend. You simply can't keep the players wrapped up in cotton wool, in case they get injured. Sometimes a manager will have to take the chance and play them. Yes, sure. Tevez, Milner, Yaya, Vinny and players of that standard etc might well have picked up injuries at the Hawthorns. Then again, they mightn't. We'll never know now, will we?

Also in all due respect what is your point by naming "Oxford United, Wimbledon, Sheffield Wednesday and Luton Town" as cup winners. ?
The point is, I was talking talking about winning trophies, not current league positions. Of course I wouldn't swap our current position for theirs. I was simply making the valid point that it is ridiculous that they have each won a trophy since the last time that we did.

Anyway, while we all want the best for City, we'll have to agree to differ re. the best way of doing it. I don't mean any offence in any of those comments I've made, and if you have taken offence at any of them I apologise for that. I do stand by them though.
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf October 15th 2010, 21:24

jimharri wrote:

Disagree Alf; until we get that monkey off our backs, I don't think we can pick and choose.

wrong, we have a squad to challenge for the title not the carling cup

And you think we'll win the title this season? If you do, then fair do's.
we have a squad to challenge for the title, I hope we do not think we do.

If you can show me a post I've made where I've said I dislike Mancini, please do. As for his tactics, yeah; I don't like them. I won't pretend otherwise. At the moment, they're getting results, which is to be commended. But teams will start to get wise to them fairly quickly. Blackburn held us at bay pretty comfortably, we just scraped past Newcastle, Sunderland did for us and we got battered at Spurs, especially in the first half. Averaging a little over goal a game will only put immense pressure on the defence and is highly unlikely to win us anything.
The only team to cause us major problams have been Spurs, Newcastle to a degree but Sunderland should have been buried by half time, Blackburn did not hold us comfortably,we did have 15 shots and they had Samba and Robinson on fire and a glaring error for their goal.

Exactly. Some of them, not all of them. Last season we put out our strongest teams in the Carling cup at places like Palace and played more or less the same team the following weekend. You simply can't keep the players wrapped up in cotton wool, in case they get injured. Sometimes a manager will have to take the chance and play them. Yes, sure. Tevez, Milner, Yaya, Vinny and players of that standard etc might well have picked up injuries at the Hawthorns. Then again, they mightn't. We'll never know now, will we?

This is the best one, We did play our strongest team in the carling and didnt win it, also at the same time drawing games for fun as players no doubt felt the after effects of a heavy season and us failing to get the fourth place to take us into the champions league. No finer example can be made.

The point is, I was talking talking about winning trophies, not current league positions. Of course I wouldn't swap our current position for theirs. I was simply making the valid point that it is ridiculous that they have each won a trophy since the last time that we did.

Anyway, while we all want the best for City, we'll have to agree to differ re. the best way of doing it. I don't mean any offence in any of those comments I've made, and if you have taken offence at any of them I apologise for that. I do stand by them though.
I am not offended, it is called debate. I am just struggling to understand why you can feel so gutted about us going out of cup again, we stand on the cusp of greatness and you are worrying about a single cup match defeat.
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri October 15th 2010, 21:33

I was at the Blackburn game, and I wasn't that impressed. Yes, it was a howler for their goal. That's why we need to push forward more in games; one goal will quite often not be enough. As for which trophy to win, we obviously won't agree on it and we'll only go around in circles all evening arguing the case. Therefore, I'll draw a line under it.
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf October 17th 2010, 18:39

4-4-2 working well I see.

Rolling Eyes
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sdavros October 17th 2010, 19:59

we were blessed today.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I hope to fuck Ade doesn't get next to near the pitch and never gets to put on the blue jersey again. The lazy shit house is an embarrassment. Bridge isn't far behind him.

Adam is a bloody good player for them.

Thank the lord for Carlitos and Silva, he done more in 30 mins than the rest of them together
sdavros
sdavros

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stony October 17th 2010, 20:06

I'll take a spawny win any day of the week. Although I don't remember Andy fucking Gray going on about all the offside decisions that the rags get.
Bridge was rusty and when everyones fit he won't get anywhere near the first team.
Ade might as well have not turned up. Sell the lazy twat as soon as possible.
Tevez is better than Rooney fact.
Silva is getting better every game and is going to be fucking awesome for us.
Well played Blackpool you were unlucky but class showed in the end.

And finally a big well done to Newcastle, Danny Murphy, Stan Collymore and that dutch cunt. You succeeded in doing what no player has managed to do this season and kept DeJong out of the game.

stony

Back to top Go down

Post by sdavros October 17th 2010, 20:09

stony wrote:I'll take a spawny win any day of the week. Although I don't remember Andy fucking Gray going on about all the offside decisions that the rags get.
Bridge was rusty and when everyones fit he won't get anywhere near the first team.

And finally a big well done to Newcastle, Danny Murphy, Stan Collymore and that dutch cunt. You succeeded in doing what no player has managed to do this season and kept DeJong out of the game.

he never had a tackle.. fucking bastards. I love how Bobby has protected him all week though. He has stuck by him in a big way.

On form Carlos is the best centre forward in the league. He is phenomenal. What a little magician Silva is. He completely changed how we played when he came on. In saying that it was like playing with 10 with that other shit bag up top
sdavros
sdavros

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stony October 17th 2010, 20:14

sdavros wrote:
stony wrote:I'll take a spawny win any day of the week. Although I don't remember Andy fucking Gray going on about all the offside decisions that the rags get.

he never had a tackle.. fucking bastards. I love how Bobby has protected him all week though. He has stuck by him in a big way.

On form Carlos is the best centre forward in the league. He is phenomenal. What a little magician Silva is. He completely changed how we played when he came on. In saying that it was like playing with 10 with that other shit bag up top

I was half hoping he would start with Zab in the second half instead of Nigel. That would probably of completely destroyed him though so he was right in keeping him on.
Boateng is still finding his form and we have Ballo and Kolarov to come back too.
We will get stronger after Christmas and if we are still within a couple of points of Chelsea we will be in with a real chance.

stony

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri October 17th 2010, 20:16

bluealf wrote:4-4-2 working well I see.

Rolling Eyes
Chelsea did alright with it earlier in the season (Drogba and Anelka). If we had someone playing upfront with Tevez who actually gives a fuck, it may well work. If Mancini is going to persist with the lone striker policy, where's he going to play Balotelli when he's fit? Midfield? He's a striker. As I've already said, we won't agree on it, so i'm not going to try to impose my opinions on you. Please pay me the compliment of doing likewise, and we'll call it a truce. Fair enough?
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stony October 17th 2010, 20:21

jimharri wrote:
bluealf wrote:4-4-2 working well I see.

Rolling Eyes
Chelsea did alright with it earlier in the season (Drogba and Anelka). If we had someone playing upfront with Tevez who actually gives a fuck, it may well work. If Mancini is going to persist with the lone striker policy, where's he going to play Balotelli when he's fit? Midfield? He's a striker. As I've already said, we won't agree on it, so i'm not going to try to impose my opinions on you. Please pay me the compliment of doing likewise, and we'll call it a truce. Fair enough?

Ballo will play on the left of a front three with Tevez in the middle and Johnno on the right. That will free up Milner to play in his best position in the middle.

stony

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf October 17th 2010, 20:26

Dont be so tetchy and grab a sense of humour ffs, we are all meant to be mates on here.

It was hardly a direct dig at you anyways and it was the first in that thread today.

It didnt work well and as you say Ade hardly shook a leg at making it either, Silva came on and changed the game.

If we keep racking up the wins whilst playing this bad, it will be a good sign for after xmas when we start to gel a bit better.

Ballo will no doubt play down the left in a front 3 with Milner moving into the middle.

I was of the impression Anelka played down the left when he gets a game for Chelsea and Drogba is also playing with Malouda/Kalou down the right.

bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next