Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

adebayor

+4
jimharri
mat
stony
maineman
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

adebayor - Page 2 Empty Re: adebayor

Post by bluealf September 15th 2009, 01:13

Come on G you will be telling us next Corrie isnt real Sad

study
bluealf
bluealf
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot September 15th 2009, 18:24

Charged...fuck.
quiet_riot
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri September 15th 2009, 21:29

quiet_riot wrote:Charged...fuck.
Did you HONESTLY expect anything else after the media storm of last weekend? Ade is evil personified, you know. Fred West, Harold Shipman, Hitler, Amin, Pol Pot, Mugabe, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Huntley, the Baby P killers? All angelic choirboys in comparison!
jimharri
jimharri

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf September 15th 2009, 23:52

Not really a shocker though tbh Suspect
bluealf
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot September 21st 2009, 20:36

I sent them this on the tuesday after it happened:

I am writing just to say that I am yet again appalled at the lack of consistency shown by the FA. I am aware that the panel who convened to decide upon Adebayor's punishment conveniently contains Mr Watmore (An Arsenal fan) and Mr Gill (Chief Exec at City's next opponents), and that these gents clearly have a vested interest in how to punish Adebayor. However, I won't touch too much upon that.
My main gripe with today's decision is the clear as day lies that go on. Adebayor was shown a yellow card for his over-exuberant celebration, and it is my understanding that once a referee has dealt with an incident, it cannot be re-refereed. This is clearly not the case today. I don't see too much pertaining to Van Persie being charged, despite his celebration where he shouted obscenities to the nearby City fans. I was within earshot of this, but it seems that because I and those around me did not rush forward and try to get at Van Persie, injuring a steward in the process, he gets away with it.

My other gripe is with Mr Clattenburg. Clearly this man is of dubious morals anyway, having been suspended for financial issues in his companies, but his bare faced lie that he did not see the incident, despite standing closer to it than anyone else on the pitch, is absurd to say the least. If it were the case that he did not see it, then he should never be allowed to referee again, as who knows what other incidents he might miss when he is stood less than ten yards from them? I am not arguing the toss that the incident between Adebayor and Van Persie wasn't unsavoury, but there are so many other incidents where the referee took no action and the FA have not retrospectively punished a player. Many of these incidents were more clear in their intent too, Rooney's stamp on an Aalborg player, or his elbow on Amdy Faye. Ronaldo's kicks on David Dunn and Michael Dawson to name just a few.

I hope, but do not expect, that the FA will be more consistent in the future, as one has to wonder if the same punishment would be handed out to one of England's darling in a World Cup year.

they have just replied with this:

Dear Peter

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

A Regulatory Commission last week considered the charge of Violent Conduct issued against Manchester City’s Emmanuel Adebayor under the fast-track disciplinary procedure following an incident with Robin van Persie during their fixture against Arsenal on the 12th September.

Taking into consideration Mr Adebayor’s acceptance of the charge of violent conduct the Regulatory Commission have ordered that he serve a three match suspension from all football, commencing Thursday 17th September.

A separate charge of Improper Conduct will be considered at a later date.

Kind regards,

The Football Association

Utterly pointless reply which in no way addresses any of my concerns.
quiet_riot
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2