Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you like to see city sign up ?

+5
quiet_riot
GStar
Derek
stony
bluealf
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would you like to see city sign up ? Empty Who would you like to see city sign up ?

Post by bluealf April 2nd 2009, 21:51

For me if Petrov dosnt come back strong a good quality left winger and i still think we are lacking in the midfield department.

A box to box player dare i say it in the scholes mould. (wash my mouth out with tcp Embarassed or maybe a raid on Everton for Cahill and Arteta ?

What do you think guys and gals City
bluealf
bluealf
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see city sign up ? Empty Re: Who would you like to see city sign up ?

Post by stony April 2nd 2009, 21:56

Ribéry, Terry, Essien, Villa and I think we could break the top four.

I don't think we'll get any of them though.

stony

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see city sign up ? Empty Re: Who would you like to see city sign up ?

Post by bluealf April 2nd 2009, 22:02

All good players but as you say appart from Villa i cant see any of them joining.

Essien would be quality, or even better the new Essien get a scout into the african nations and find him.

Wenger seems to do well with this type of tactic, blooding them in the league cup untill they are ready for the first team,
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek April 2nd 2009, 22:04

Left sided midfield player.
Center back.
Striker (and get rid of some of the shit like benjani).
Center midfield player. (get rid of Johnson so seems to have died).
Derek
Derek

Male
Number of posts : 3025
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek April 2nd 2009, 22:04

bluealf wrote:All good players but as you say appart from Villa i cant see any of them joining.

Essien would be quality, or even better the new Essien get a scout into the african nations and find him.

Wenger seems to do well with this type of tactic, blooding them in the league cup untill they are ready for the first team,
Problem with this is we have more pressure on us to do something than arsenal. If we try that then fans will start complaining.
Derek
Derek

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf April 2nd 2009, 22:06

Derek wrote:
bluealf wrote:All good players but as you say appart from Villa i cant see any of them joining.

Problem with this is we have more pressure on us to do something than arsenal. If we try that then fans will start complaining.

Yes that is quite true and sensible Shocked Razz

It will be much easier once we win something, hopefully very soon.
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar April 2nd 2009, 22:11

i think we'll get one absolute superstar (or marquee) name and up to three huge or also 'marquee' names.

I remember Sven saying last January that every player he wanted he was told "come back at the end of the season". If we can get to the final or even win the Uefa Cup i think it'll help lift the profile even more (although the media and agents have done all our publicity work for us).

As for positions: LM (Ribery would be ideal), Defensive cover (Lescott would be great with Berti, Mills, Ball & TBH all given the boot) Depending on midfield casualties a box to box midfielder to push Johnson/Ireland who could work in a DeJong/Ireland/Robinho or Elano midflied three. I think we'll go after a top top striker with Boj, Bellamy and Sturridge making up the four main strikers on the books.
GStar
GStar

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot April 2nd 2009, 22:14

I don't see a lot of German football, but I thought Ribery was a right-sided player?
quiet_riot
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar April 2nd 2009, 22:41

quiet_riot wrote:I don't see a lot of German football, but I thought Ribery was a right-sided player?

Was lead to believe he does what Messi does but on the opposite flank.

Like you i dont follow German football so i could be wrong.
GStar
GStar

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf April 2nd 2009, 22:46

GStar wrote:
quiet_riot wrote:I don't see a lot of German football, but I thought Ribery was a right-sided player?

Well on the font of all knowledge football wise, FM has him as a left winger but with a stronger right foot.

Dont thank me all at once for clearing that up Laughing

confused
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato April 2nd 2009, 22:47

everyone.
Stato
Stato

Male
Number of posts : 4593
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato April 2nd 2009, 22:48

bluealf wrote:
GStar wrote:

Well on the font of all knowledge football wise, FM has him as a left winger but with a stronger right foot.

confused
plays right wing for barce.
Stato
Stato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf April 2nd 2009, 23:03

Stato wrote:
bluealf wrote:
GStar wrote:

confused

Does he Rolling Eyes

Stick to pc's and not football.

Try Bayern Munich daft boy. Razz
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato April 2nd 2009, 23:04

bluealf wrote:
Stato wrote:
bluealf wrote:
GStar wrote:

confused

Does he Rolling Eyes

Stick to pc's and not football.

Try Bayern Munich daft boy. Razz
should of read the thread properly thought you were on about messi. Embarassed
Stato
Stato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri April 2nd 2009, 23:16

Stato wrote:
Easy to confuse them.

Shocked

wank
jimharri
jimharri

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato April 2nd 2009, 23:18

jimharri wrote:
Stato wrote:
Easy to confuse them.

Shocked

wank
who you wanking over?
Stato
Stato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri April 2nd 2009, 23:24

Stato wrote:
jimharri wrote:
Stato wrote:
Easy to confuse them.

Shocked

wank
who you wanking over?
Messi, of course. Ribery has a face like a pool of vomit.
jimharri
jimharri

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek April 2nd 2009, 23:25

bluealf wrote:
Derek wrote:

I have my moments.
Derek
Derek

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato April 2nd 2009, 23:56

Derek wrote:
bluealf wrote:
Derek wrote:

I have my moments.
shame they are as rare as a city trophy. Laughing Wink
Stato
Stato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar April 3rd 2009, 00:15

bluealf wrote:
GStar wrote:

confused

Seems i was right then cheers cheers cheers
GStar
GStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek April 3rd 2009, 00:19

GStar wrote:
bluealf wrote:
GStar wrote:

confused

Seems i was right then cheers cheers cheers
Bit like messi (right winger but mainly left footed) or ronaldinho
(right footed but plays mainly on the left on in the center).
Derek
Derek

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar April 3rd 2009, 01:18

Yea... errr, thanks for clearing that up. Rolling Eyes
GStar
GStar

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads April 3rd 2009, 01:22

David Villa would be an ideal signing for me. But as for guessing who we will actually get I wouldnt know where to start. What we all as city fans seem to forget is the fact that we havent yet had a propper transfer window in which to do business. Its well known that the january window is generally poor, yes we did ok in january, but the summer one is the one where the majority of business will be done. Also we tend to err on the side of realism and look for players who we think we could get, but lets not forget we are now rich as fuck and could potentially get anyone. Its going to be a wild ride in the summer, strap in and hang on gang.
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............

Back to top Go down

Post by KippaxLad April 3rd 2009, 01:33

shinpads wrote:David Villa would be an ideal signing for me. But as for guessing who we will actually get I wouldnt know where to start. What we all as city fans seem to forget is the fact that we havent yet had a propper transfer window in which to do business. Its well known that the january window is generally poor, yes we did ok in january, but the summer one is the one where the majority of business will be done. Also we tend to err on the side of realism and look for players who we think we could get, but lets not forget we are now rich as fuck and could potentially get anyone. Its going to be a wild ride in the summer, strap in and hang on gang.
cheers cheers cheers cheerswank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank
KippaxLad
KippaxLad
Shaun Goater's Right Shin

Male
Number of posts : 1750
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf April 3rd 2009, 15:34

shinpads wrote:David Villa would be an ideal signing for me. But as for guessing who we will actually get I wouldnt know where to start. What we all as city fans seem to forget is the fact that we havent yet had a propper transfer window in which to do business. Its well known that the january window is generally poor, yes we did ok in january, but the summer one is the one where the majority of business will be done. Also we tend to err on the side of realism and look for players who we think we could get, but lets not forget we are now rich as fuck and could potentially get anyone. Its going to be a wild ride in the summer, strap in and hang on gang.

Fantastic cheers
bluealf
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next