Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micah Debate

4 posters

Go down

Micah Debate Empty Micah Debate

Post by TheMightyQuinn January 27th 2008, 16:14

This whole debate is turning into a witch hunt amongst some fans and this attitude of 'we wont be held to ransom' whilst romantic and applaudable is also 50 years or so out of date.

Why have the rags been so consistent in their success over the years? Players like Scholes and Giggs. Scholes and Giggs havent stayed at Utd through loyalty, they have stayed at Utd as they pay them what they ask for, well that and the fact the nobs wouldnt last 5 mins on the continent.

I just dont understand it. We want the best but we seem to refuse to want to pay for the best.

If we fuck Micah off, as many are suggesting then who would we replace him with? Bearing in mind that we dont want to pay big wages so you can rule out the best of the best straight away.

Some people Rolling Eyes

TheMightyQuinn
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 6885
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Micah Debate Empty Re: Micah Debate

Post by quiet_riot January 27th 2008, 16:17

Personally, I think it's the principle of the thing, I mean, why should a 19 year old KID be earning over 3 times what most people earn in a year?

Why should a 19 year old KID be the top earner at City?

Why should a 19 year old KID hold a 100+ year old club to ransom?

Pay some dues tbfh.
quiet_riot
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122

Back to top Go down

Post by mat January 27th 2008, 16:20

were a club who are now starting to match his own ambitions and i think he'll be a cult hero ala dunney if he stays loyal.

I hope in 5 years time he looks back on his actions and thinks "i was a stupid kid back then".
mat
mat

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyQuinn January 27th 2008, 16:22

quiet_riot wrote:Personally, I think it's the principle of the thing, I mean, why should a 19 year old KID be earning over 3 times what most people earn in a year?

Why should a 19 year old KID be the top earner at City?

Why should a 19 year old KID hold a 100+ year old club to ransom?

Pay some dues tbfh.

All prem players earn wages in 1 week that most of us dont earn in 1 year. Who should be the top earner at City? Micah has another 13/14 seasons in him hopefully. All players hold all clubs to ransom if truth be told as few clubs can actually afford to pay their wages hence most clubs being is masses of debt.

If Ronaldo told the rags he wanted 200k a week or he was off, do you reckon they'd sell him and watch him prosper or would they pay him what he wanted and love every second of having a top player at the club who can help them win trophies?

End of the day, until we lose this holier than thou attitude we will never be a big club.

TheMightyQuinn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BMO5 January 27th 2008, 16:32

We should give Micah whatever he wants within reason, we're not going to get another player with his abilities,he's the perefect pairing for Dunny.
BMO5
BMO5
Georgi Kinkladze's Left Boot

Male
Number of posts : 1013
Location : Trapped in bed, as the poison slowly creeps and stops me dead
Registration date : 2008-01-17

http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ANDYWOODHOUSEMUSIC

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot January 27th 2008, 16:38

TheMightyQuinn wrote: Who should be the top earner at City?

IMO, someone who has shown loyalty, someone who has improved in their time with us, someone who's not a teenager!

If we let a kid be the top earner, by quite some way, it could seriously unsettle the dressing room. I don't think we're naive enough to believe that they're all here because they love the sky blue..money motivates these guys.

TheMightyQuinn wrote: Micah has another 13/14 seasons in him hopefully.

Right, so if he want 75k a week now, what will he want in 10 years? 500k a week?!
quiet_riot
quiet_riot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyQuinn January 27th 2008, 17:04

quiet_riot wrote:
TheMightyQuinn wrote: Who should be the top earner at City?

IMO, someone who has shown loyalty, someone who has improved in their time with us, someone who's not a teenager!

If we let a kid be the top earner, by quite some way, it could seriously unsettle the dressing room. I don't think we're naive enough to believe that they're all here because they love the sky blue..money motivates these guys.

TheMightyQuinn wrote: Micah has another 13/14 seasons in him hopefully.

Right, so if he want 75k a week now, what will he want in 10 years? 500k a week?!

Fair points. Most players will probably either be on 500k a week in 10 years unless the arse falls out of football, which it could well do.

I just believe that unless we know we can get better than Micah for less then getting rid of him could well be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

TheMightyQuinn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot January 27th 2008, 17:34

TheMightyQuinn wrote:Most players will probably either be on 500k a week in 10 years unless the arse falls out of football, which it could well do.

haha, so true.
quiet_riot
quiet_riot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down