Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shirt sponsor

3 posters

Go down

Shirt sponsor Empty Shirt sponsor

Post by Derek January 26th 2009, 14:32

Would be nice to put a charity on there next year. We hardly need the money and how much do Thomas Cook really give us (compared to what we have now).
Derek
Derek
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3025
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Shirt sponsor Empty Re: Shirt sponsor

Post by bluealf January 26th 2009, 17:11

This is a natty one and already in blue.

Shirt sponsor Logo

study
bluealf
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads January 26th 2009, 17:28

João Silva wrote:Would be nice to put a charity on there next year. We hardly need the money and how much do Thomas Cook really give us (compared to what we have now).

Again do your research, the thomas cook deal was extended to the end of this season because of the previous chairman (who was skint ) and was rushed through because of the iminent takeover. Yes they dont give us that much compared to our financial position now, but at the time , when we were skint, it was the biggest sponsorship deal in the clubs history. The club is being run as a business and as much as i admire the sentiment of having a charity on the shirt, I think you will find its more likely to be a £50m deal with Ethiad or some other company.
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek January 26th 2009, 19:19

shinpads wrote:
João Silva wrote:Would be nice to put a charity on there next year. We hardly need the money and how much do Thomas Cook really give us (compared to what we have now).

Again do your research, the thomas cook deal was extended to the end of this season because of the previous chairman (who was skint ) and was rushed through because of the iminent takeover. Yes they dont give us that much compared to our financial position now, but at the time , when we were skint, it was the biggest sponsorship deal in the clubs history. The club is being run as a business and as much as i admire the sentiment of having a charity on the shirt, I think you will find its more likely to be a £50m deal with Ethiad or some other company.
I wasn't saying that it was bad for the club when it was signed I would just like a charity or a good cause on teh front instead of global marketing.
Derek
Derek

Male
Number of posts : 3025
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads January 26th 2009, 19:54

João Silva wrote:
shinpads wrote:

I wasn't saying that it was bad for the club when it was signed I would just like a charity or a good cause on teh front instead of global marketing.

And as i said i admired your sentiment with the charity thing, but at the end of the day its a business and if a company wants to offer big bucks to be associated with us that will be the first choice.
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum