Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandwagon fans

+3
GStar
Admin
neblue1
7 posters

Go down

Bandwagon fans Empty Bandwagon fans

Post by neblue1 September 3rd 2008, 19:51

I have this terrible feeling that being a City fan in this country is only going to become more difficult now that the Abu Dhabi royal family's bought the club.

Not because of an anti-Arab thing or any of that bullshit - I just don't know how I'm going to be able to stand bandwagon fans that latch onto City on a whim without having to suffer like the rest of us. I know too many plastic Rags, Chelsea johnny-come-latelys, et al here that I'm dreading that happening with City.

I've followed this shower for 11 years, so I can't guarantee that the first time I go out to a pub to watch a game and some clearly new City fan goes (*affects comedy American accent*) "Hey bud, did you see that fuckin' Manchesters goalie? He totally just knocked that one into the offensive sector!", I won't be tempted to just punch them in the face*.

Ugh.

*-Or do this: Bang!
neblue1
neblue1
Georgi Kinkladze's Left Boot

Male
Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Bandwagon fans Empty Re: Bandwagon fans

Post by Admin September 3rd 2008, 19:54

Agreed, one of the things i'm worried about tbh

Admin
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 8222
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 September 3rd 2008, 19:56

Listening to yesterday's World Soccer Daily on my ipod right now, and other City fans here have been emailing in saying more or less the same thing. At least I'm not alone there, I guess.
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar September 3rd 2008, 20:08

I'm not. Our core support have always been from Working class roots, that'll be passed down through generations and hopefully never forgotten.

New fans won't totally understand the history we've had so you'll be able to spot them immediately.

I'll still welcome them, its not my place to judge someone i know nothing about as to why they want to follow the club i love and support.

I can't wait to see CoMS full again with people coming on message boards complaining they can't get a ticket.

At the end of the day neblue1, you'll be able to smile to yourself proud in the knowledge that you were around the day the news broke... you sat there and went through everything you've seen and everything that could happen. You had the shock and delight of us signing Robinho - Us!! Manchester City!!!

Any 'fans' that want to support us becasue we have the resources to be successfull will not and never will feel what we got to feel that Monday... it was a once in a lifetime thing that only we'll have.
GStar
GStar

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 September 3rd 2008, 20:17

That's fair enough, and it probably is slightly hypocritical of me to be saying this considering that I'm basically an interloper myself (just one that's been at it for a decade-plus)...I won't turn anybody here away from supporting City, but at the same time I won't stand for anybody following City simply as a means of glory-hunting, which is what far too many newer football fans here do.
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducado September 3rd 2008, 20:48

You lot need something to worry about, it been rare that COM's gets filled there plenty of space
Ducado
Ducado

Number of posts : 3930
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf September 3rd 2008, 20:53

GStar wrote:I'm not. Our core support have always been from Working class roots, that'll be passed down through generations and hopefully never forgotten.

New fans won't totally understand the history we've had so you'll be able to spot them immediately.

I'll still welcome them, its not my place to judge someone i know nothing about as to why they want to follow the club i love and support.

I can't wait to see CoMS full again with people coming on message boards complaining they can't get a ticket.

At the end of the day neblue1, you'll be able to smile to yourself proud in the knowledge that you were around the day the news broke... you sat there and went through everything you've seen and everything that could happen. You had the shock and delight of us signing Robinho - Us!! Manchester City!!!

Any 'fans' that want to support us becasue we have the resources to be successfull will not and never will feel what we got to feel that Monday... it was a once in a lifetime thing that only we'll have.

Well said, agree fully with this.

I have had to bloody wait a long time for this, have had the piss ripped out of me for long enough (some of it was friendly banter) but it still sticks when when it hurts, like when we beat munure then struggle to win another game, people see that you where starting to get my/our hopes up at xmas etc, nevermind when we got beat in the autoglass or whatever it was called, even carlisle have won that twice and been in the final twice more since then lol

Plastics wont bother me a jot and if they happen to be annoying cunts qnd over 16 i shall ask them a question about our history, if the buzzer goes duh duhhhhhhhhhh i shall shake my head and walk away smiling

cheers

blimey did i type all of that jesus must of got my site's confused sorry study
bluealf
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads September 3rd 2008, 21:27

neblue1, you will be able to educate the fuckers, and say that you were there when we were shit cheers
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 September 3rd 2008, 23:15

shinpads wrote:neblue1, you will be able to educate the fuckers, and say that you were there when we were shit cheers
cheers
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by robspankthemonkey September 4th 2008, 16:29

Bandwagon fans Th_bandwagon
robspankthemonkey