Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leslie

4 posters

Go down

Leslie Empty Leslie

Post by mat July 21st 2008, 22:53

With the possible Signing of ben-haim. Is the Rag Double agent looking at turning city into a team of Cloggers rather than footballers?
Suspect
mat
mat
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Leslie Empty Re: Leslie

Post by Guest July 21st 2008, 23:06

It's open to interpretation though mat. I don't mind a bit of steel being introduced, and I am mindful of the need for a better squad all round. If ia proven Prem player is fighting for a position then I can only see it as good.

However, I would hope that there is some balance. Maybe he is really truly going to bring on some of the kids?! Now THAT would be exciting.

Back to top Go down

Post by mat July 21st 2008, 23:20

mackenzie wrote:It's open to interpretation though mat. I don't mind a bit of steel being introduced, and I am mindful of the need for a better squad all round. If ia proven Prem player is fighting for a position then I can only see it as good.

However, I would hope that there is some balance. Maybe he is really truly going to bring on some of the kids?! Now THAT would be exciting.

Lets hope so.
mat
mat

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar July 22nd 2008, 00:25

No No No

The most common misinterpritation of Blackburn... They were/are a very good footballing teams, have been for the past 2/3 seasons.

Hughes brought in the steel becasue they were downright shit and then introduced good football.

We've a much stronger overall squad in desperate need of a few "steel" players.

Ben Haim looked like his mind was on holiday whenever he played last season, along with his waxer!
GStar
GStar

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyQuinn July 22nd 2008, 18:49

We have a small weak squad imo and we need to sign at least 5 or 6 new faces.

Let's face it, if Petrov picks up an injury that's our one attacking option instantly gone.

We do not have a squad capable of competing in 3 cups and the league.

We need cover in most areas and a right winger as a matter of urgency.

TheMightyQuinn

Male
Number of posts : 6885
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads July 23rd 2008, 01:09

TheMightyQuinn wrote:We have a small weak squad imo and we need to sign at least 5 or 6 new faces.

Let's face it, if Petrov picks up an injury that's our one attacking option instantly gone.

small yes weak no, petrov, elano, richards , dunne, jo, bojinov, hart, gelson, hamman, corluka, ireland, johnson, none of which i would class as weak. yes we need more sterngth in depth but to say we have a weak squad is a little blinkered TMQ. Dont believe the hype created by the fallout from the end of last season. We have players capable of playing some of the best football i have seen us play in years. Leslie needs to compliment this with some young and tallented players who can compliment the current playing staff.
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyQuinn July 23rd 2008, 01:32

charlies shinpads wrote:
TheMightyQuinn wrote:We have a small weak squad imo and we need to sign at least 5 or 6 new faces.

small yes weak no, petrov, elano, richards , dunne, jo, bojinov, hart, gelson, hamman, corluka, ireland, johnson, none of which i would class as weak. yes we need more sterngth in depth but to say we have a weak squad is a little blinkered TMQ. Dont believe the hype created by the fallout from the end of last season. We have players capable of playing some of the best football i have seen us play in years. Leslie needs to compliment this with some young and tallented players who can compliment the current playing staff.

I agree CS, though I think my original post was a bit confused to be honest, I dont view a lot of our players as weak although whether they can play in the same team is yet to be seen.

I'd like another 3 or 4 faces before the season though with a right winger being the most important at this stage.

TheMightyQuinn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads July 23rd 2008, 02:10

3 or 4 is about as many as I would expect. Right wing, left back are musts, and maybe a keeper for cover and a central mid.
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMightyQuinn July 23rd 2008, 02:43

charlies shinpads wrote:3 or 4 is about as many as I would expect. Right wing, left back are musts, and maybe a keeper for cover and a central mid.

A left back would be nice but Ball can do a decent job there for the time being. We need a right winger that's obvious and also a midfielder who will allow Elano to play how he likes to play.

TheMightyQuinn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down