Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boys In Blue

3 posters

Go down

Boys In Blue Empty Boys In Blue

Post by Guest July 13th 2008, 23:00

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzPeyuAgsKg

The best City song by a mile.

The bit that always gets to me is the line "Maybe in another generation...."

How little did we/they or anyone know how much things would change so quickly.

Back to top Go down

Boys In Blue Empty Re: Boys In Blue

Post by GStar July 13th 2008, 23:29

Sums up the club so well... hopefully it'll never be forgotten :)
GStar
GStar
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 13th 2008, 23:33

GStar wrote:Sums up the club so well... hopefully it'll never be forgotten :)

It's the simplicity of it that gets to me GStar. I hope I didn't offend when I said "how things change...." etc etc. The younger Blues today are often the most balanced.

It's just that it brings back memories of pre Premiership. Great days.

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar July 13th 2008, 23:41

"How things change... etc etc" - where did you say that?

To be honest, i think there's a lot of blues younger than me... and come to think of it a lot older than me that will take the "Success must be achieved at all costs" approach. I'm not one of them, i'd rather us see us ran properly and respectably.

I am kinda worried that we will turn into everything we've always been against, everything i hate about football, everything that makes you just wanna throw away your season ticket and spend your weekend doing something else with a little more money... i don't think we're there yet, there signs it could happen but then there's Johnson, Richards, Ireland, Evans, Sturridge, Onuoha and it reminds me we're far away from "them"... for now.

I think they'll have to be a few sacrifices made to compromise to become a "Successful Club" but if they're on the rights terms i think i'll feel justified if i can see Richard Dunne holding a trophy above his head.
GStar
GStar

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 14th 2008, 08:32

mackenzie wrote:The younger Blues today are often the most balanced.

I think I speak for Philbo, Travis and myself when I say that that's a lie and you know it. Gay Nonces
neblue1
neblue1
Georgi Kinkladze's Left Boot

Male
Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot July 14th 2008, 18:52

GStar wrote:"How things change... etc etc" - where did you say that?

To be honest, i think there's a lot of blues younger than me... and come to think of it a lot older than me that will take the "Success must be achieved at all costs" approach. I'm not one of them, i'd rather us see us ran properly and respectably.

I am kinda worried that we will turn into everything we've always been against, everything i hate about football, everything that makes you just wanna throw away your season ticket and spend your weekend doing something else with a little more money... i don't think we're there yet, there signs it could happen but then there's Johnson, Richards, Ireland, Evans, Sturridge, Onuoha and it reminds me we're far away from "them"... for now.

Thank you.

I've been ridiculed for saying I'd prefer us never to win anything than to buy success, or sell our souls for a trophy.

My point of view was that I've never seen us win anything, so I won't miss it, I just don't want us becoming a clone of that other lot...a business more than a football club.
quiet_riot
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: