Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost the biggest match of my life yesterday

2 posters

Go down

Lost the biggest match of my life yesterday Empty Lost the biggest match of my life yesterday

Post by sdavros January 10th 2011, 19:54

we played in the last 64 of the FAI (national competition, over a thousand teams are entered). We had to travel 4 and a half hours by bus to get to the other crowds pitch, the game was switched at the last minute because of a frozen pitch to Oriel Park , the home of Dundalk United, whih is an artificial picth (shite)..

Anyway, we are only a small local club and we played against a fairly big sized club from Monaghan, who came out of the Dublin section (huge achievement)..

we loaded the bus full of players and supporters and left Cork at 7am yesterday morning.. stopping on the way for breakfast, the banter was brilliant. Arrived at the ground t obe told we only had 20 minutes warm up time allowed on the fecking thing, which is a balls, because we aren't used to playing on artificial pitches..

anyway, onto the game.. tense affair, cancelled each other out and we hit the bar in the final 5 minutes - fucking robbed. Into extra time we go and they score the most blatantly offside goal I have ever seen. He was miles off. We had to push out to try and get back in it and they hit us twice on the counter in the second half of extra time...

Fucking robbing cunt of a ref.

I can only imagine how pros feel when they get conned out of a really massive game..

the mood was sombre for all of an hour after the game until we got pissed on the bus back
sdavros
sdavros
Barry Conlon's Shiny Head

Male
Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Lost the biggest match of my life yesterday Empty Re: Lost the biggest match of my life yesterday

Post by jimharri January 10th 2011, 20:11

sdavros wrote:we played in the last 64 of the FAI (national competition, over a thousand teams are entered). We had to travel 4 and a half hours by bus to get to the other crowds pitch, the game was switched at the last minute because of a frozen pitch to Oriel Park , the home of Dundalk United, whih is an artificial picth (shite)..

Anyway, we are only a small local club and we played against a fairly big sized club from Monaghan, who came out of the Dublin section (huge achievement)..

we loaded the bus full of players and supporters and left Cork at 7am yesterday morning.. stopping on the way for breakfast, the banter was brilliant. Arrived at the ground t obe told we only had 20 minutes warm up time allowed on the fecking thing, which is a balls, because we aren't used to playing on artificial pitches..

anyway, onto the game.. tense affair, cancelled each other out and we hit the bar in the final 5 minutes - fucking robbed. Into extra time we go and they score the most blatantly offside goal I have ever seen. He was miles off. We had to push out to try and get back in it and they hit us twice on the counter in the second half of extra time...

Fucking robbing cunt of a ref.

I can only imagine how pros feel when they get conned out of a really massive game..

the mood was sombre for all of an hour after the game until we got pissed on the bus back
Got over it fairly quickly then!!
Wink

Seriously though S, sorry to hear about your defeat. A real bummer.
jimharri
jimharri
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down