Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers

+2
stony
neblue1
6 posters

Go down

Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers Empty Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers

Post by neblue1 July 17th 2010, 14:37

Not that it really matters to me as I'm working tonight while the game's going on - I'll have to rely on sneaking away from time to time to get updates via Twitter on my iPod - but is this game being televised over there at all?

They aren't showing it here, as far as I know. ESPN's showing Spurs v San Jose Earthquakes, but that's the only friendly that came up on my TV listings. I suppose it's possible that Fox Sports Oregon or whatever the FSN affiliate up there's called might be showing it regionally, but that's it.
neblue1
neblue1
Georgi Kinkladze's Left Boot

Male
Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers Empty Re: Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers

Post by stony July 17th 2010, 14:44

neblue1 wrote:Not that it really matters to me as I'm working tonight while the game's going on - I'll have to rely on sneaking away from time to time to get updates via Twitter on my iPod - but is this game being televised over there at all?

They aren't showing it here, as far as I know. ESPN's showing Spurs v San Jose Earthquakes, but that's the only friendly that came up on my TV listings. I suppose it's possible that Fox Sports Oregon or whatever the FSN affiliate up there's called might be showing it regionally, but that's it.

It's being shown on ESPN which is great because I got rid of Virgin((with free ESPN) and went back to Sky(without free ESPN)

It's being streamed live on the official site too.

stony
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by maineman July 17th 2010, 14:49

stony wrote:
neblue1 wrote:Not that it really matters to me as I'm working tonight while the game's going on - I'll have to rely on sneaking away from time to time to get updates via Twitter on my iPod - but is this game being televised over there at all?

It's being shown on ESPN which is great because I got rid of Virgin((with free ESPN) and went back to Sky(without free ESPN)

what times ko GMT?
maineman
maineman
Shaun Goater's Right Shin

Male
Number of posts : 1614
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 17th 2010, 14:57

stony wrote:

Seriously? Fuck. ESPN in the U.S. is showing (apparently) every City game over here apart from the Portland game - I would think you're getting them all, too - but you guys get it on ESPN UK? How the fuck does that work?

Again, it's no skin off my back, but FFS, ESPN (US), get your shit in order. I could've DVR'd the game and just watch it when I get home tonight, but instead, that shithouse will be showing fucking Baseball Tonight, a NASCAR race and Open Championship highlights.

Last edited by neblue1 on July 17th 2010, 15:01; edited 1 time in total
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 17th 2010, 14:59

maineman wrote:
stony wrote:

what times ko GMT?
It's a 9pm ko where I live - 3am GMT.
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf July 17th 2010, 15:14

I thought Shady said this was the only game not being shown on espn because it is just a training game rather than a normal friendly ?
bluealf
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 17th 2010, 15:17

bluealf wrote:I thought Shady said this was the only game not being shown on espn because it is just a training game rather than a normal friendly ?
Good point. Timbers have advertised it a hell of a lot more than City has...which is to say they've advertised it at all.

Strange, that, considering they're playing it at the University of Portland instead of the Timbers' own home ground. Which, funnily enough, is primarily a baseball stadium - There's the pitcher's mound in one of the corners and everything.
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf July 17th 2010, 15:30

Got this off BM

The match preview at the Portland Timbers website gives some info about audio and video for the match. Sounds like it will be live on the radio, and the video will be archived and available Sunday at the Portland Timbers website. They'll probably have a youtube highlight package as well. Just FYI.

Match - http://www.portlandtimbers.com/newsroom/headlines/index.html?article_id=1740
Radio station website - click 'Listen Live' - http://www.955thegame.com/

better than nothing i suppose

Last edited by bluealf on July 19th 2010, 08:03; edited 1 time in total
bluealf
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri July 17th 2010, 15:34

neblue1 wrote:....that shithouse will be showing fucking Baseball Tonight, a NASCAR race and Open Championship highlights.

Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers Animated-american-flag

What a Face
jimharri
jimharri

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by stony July 17th 2010, 15:51

bluealf wrote:I thought Shady said this was the only game not being shown on espn because it is just a training game rather than a normal friendly ?

Correct Walfie, this is the only game not to be shown.

stony

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 18th 2010, 06:52

Just got home from work at the start of the second half. City went into HT 2-0 up through Ireland's ass and Adebayor. Jo, of all people, has made it 3-0 now with about 20 minutes left to play. Easy, easy, easy.

By the way, apparently the Timbers' mascot has a chainsaw. Fuck vuvuzelas - how about that for a noisemaker!

EDIT: Portland 0-3 City ELITE SQUAD-ish, FT. Sounds like we controlled the game more or less throughout.
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri July 18th 2010, 10:10

neblue1 wrote:Just got home from work at the start of the second half. City went into HT 2-0 up through Ireland's ass and Adebayor. Jo, of all people, has made it 3-0 now with about 20 minutes left to play. Easy, easy, easy.

By the way, apparently the Timbers' mascot has a chainsaw. Fuck vuvuzelas - how about that for a noisemaker!

EDIT: Portland 0-3 City ELITE SQUAD-ish, FT. Sounds like we controlled the game more or less throughout.
Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers Eminem
''Portland, Portland, Rah, Rah, Rah!''
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 18th 2010, 11:23

jimharri wrote:
neblue1 wrote:Just got home from work at the start of the second half. City went into HT 2-0 up through Ireland's ass and Adebayor. Jo, of all people, has made it 3-0 now with about 20 minutes left to play. Easy, easy, easy.

Jeebus's Own FC v Portland Timbers Eminem
''Portland, Portland, Rah, Rah, Rah!''
Ha. To be fair, though, from all accounts - including City's Twitter page - the Timbers seem to have a pretty solid hard-core base.

For instance, v Seattle Sounders (that'll be an entertaining Pacific Northwest derby once Portland comes up to MLS):

neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri July 18th 2010, 11:58

neblue1 wrote:
Ha. To be fair, though, from all accounts - including City's Twitter page - the Timbers seem to have a pretty solid hard-core base.
For instance, v Seattle Sounders (that'll be an entertaining Pacific Northwest derby once Portland comes up to MLS):
Impressive. If we could get something like that going in the whole of the South Stand at COMS, it'd be fantastic. Er, perhaps leaving out the giant figure with the chainsaw though!!
jimharri
jimharri

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 18th 2010, 15:03

jimharri wrote:
neblue1 wrote:
Impressive. If we could get something like that going in the whole of the South Stand at COMS, it'd be fantastic. Er, perhaps leaving out the giant figure with the chainsaw though!!
Haha, and the Space Needle, as well. I can see how any phallic symbol apart from a picture of Baconface's head taped to an inflatable dong could cause some confusion at Eastlands!
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mat July 18th 2010, 19:30

mat
mat

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by neblue1 July 19th 2010, 05:18

Great find, Mat, cheers.

Much respect for what Portland's doing up there. I wish them well when they move up to MLS.
neblue1
neblue1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf July 19th 2010, 08:02

cheers
bluealf
bluealf