Bellamy vs Robinho

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by stony on October 6th 2009, 01:48

We can't put Robbie back on the left. It's not just Bellers attacking quality that needs to be considered either. Bridge looks a player reborn this season. With the support he gets from Bellers he actually looks like the top class left back we thought we were getting when we bought him.
It's not about Robbie V Bellers either, I think either SWP or Tevez have to give way. I've not been impressed with Tevez one bit and I think Robbie would be the perfect fit behind Ade.
That leaves right mid and I would give Tevez a chance there over SWP. Shauny hasn't exactly started well this season and I would love to see Ade, Robbie, Bellers and Tevez in the same attacking line.

stony
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by Stato on October 6th 2009, 12:12

not a bad predicament to have is it, shows just how far we have come.

i don't think teves has been that bad but i thing he is playing a bit too deep.
avatar
Stato
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4589
Age : 27
Location : the dark side of the moon
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by quiet_riot on October 6th 2009, 20:42

I still don't think Bridge is all that.
avatar
quiet_riot
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by bluealf on October 6th 2009, 20:43

quiet_riot wrote:I still don't think Bridge is all that.

Stop moaning Razz
avatar
bluealf
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 9245
Age : 45
Location : I have looked and it is a dark dark room.
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by jimharri on October 6th 2009, 21:56

quiet_riot wrote:I still don't think Bridge is all that.
He's better with Bellers in front of him, giving him support. That's something Petrov just doesn't do. As for the question, no contest. Bellamy every time. I fully realise that Rob is the more skillful player (even Craig would probably admit to that!). There is the theory going around of playing Rob in the home games and Bellamy on our travels. But how can you drop Bellamy at the moment? The bloke is flying. Of course you could drop SWP ro make room for Rob!!
Behind Sofa
avatar
jimharri
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Age : 54
Location : Mayo, Ireland
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by quiet_riot on October 6th 2009, 22:48

I say play SWP at left back!
avatar
quiet_riot
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by bluealf on October 6th 2009, 22:52

quiet_riot wrote:I say play SWP at left back!


Razz


Bellers has to play and it is a bit of tough shit on Robbie, maybe he could play in the hole.

So who do you drop, what a great squad we have now lads (its like FM but real) cheers
avatar
bluealf
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 9245
Age : 45
Location : I have looked and it is a dark dark room.
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by bluealf on October 6th 2009, 22:53

Seriously i would experiment with swp at right back against a lesser team.

Tin hats for sale, i may need one Very Happy
avatar
bluealf
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 9245
Age : 45
Location : I have looked and it is a dark dark room.
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by jimharri on October 6th 2009, 23:19

bluealf wrote:Seriously i would experiment with swp at right back against a lesser team.

Tin hats for sale, i may need one Very Happy
How much have you had to drink tonight Alf? That ranks up alongside Elano at full back and David James being moved up front!!
What a Face
avatar
jimharri
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Age : 54
Location : Mayo, Ireland
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by bluealf on October 6th 2009, 23:44

jimharri wrote:
bluealf wrote:Seriously i would experiment with swp at right back against a lesser team.

Tin hats for sale, i may need one Very Happy
How much have you had to drink tonight Alf? That ranks up alongside Elano at full back and David James being moved up front!!
What a Face

Now you are being silly Jim.

Swp has played RB before (so had Elano tbh) under keegan.

He gets stuck into his tackles, isnt afraid to work up and down the flank, his crosses would be considered good because he is a full back lol.

Really he would be the ideal wing back in a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 formation if you prefer, i havnt drank that much and it is a lot better than thinking James up front was a good move. (but didnt that nearly work ?)

I want SWP in the team he excites me and he is ours so next year we will need him to make the new rules work in our favour.

There is method in all madness you know Razz
avatar
bluealf
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 9245
Age : 45
Location : I have looked and it is a dark dark room.
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by mat on October 7th 2009, 00:00

Robi will be gone in Jan.

Just a feeling.....
avatar
mat
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Age : 40
Location : In the pub
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by stony on October 7th 2009, 00:17

mat wrote:Robi will be gone in Jan.

Just a feeling.....

I think you're right, but I also see someone like Ribery replacing him.

stony
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by Stato on October 7th 2009, 00:27

stony wrote:
mat wrote:Robi will be gone in Jan.

Just a feeling.....

I think you're right, but I also see someone like Ribery replacing him.
bloody hell would love to see it but i can't, think he will go real in the summer.
avatar
Stato
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4589
Age : 27
Location : the dark side of the moon
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by stony on October 7th 2009, 00:38

Stato wrote:
stony wrote:
mat wrote:Robi will be gone in Jan.

Just a feeling.....

I think you're right, but I also see someone like Ribery replacing him.
bloody hell would love to see it but i can't, think he will go real in the summer.


Robbie isn't a Mark Hughes type player and he's not a Hughes signing. I think he would be prepared to sell. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if it was already a done deal, Robbie to Barca in Jan.
While the City fans probably wouldn't get too upset, especially if Bellamy is still fit and in the form he is. I don't think ADUG would be too happy about letting their first big signing go without an adequate replacement.
So who is available ? Kaka, Messi, Tranaldo you can forget. The only player who might be available and with a big enough profile to keep ADUG happy and a work ethic to keep Hughes happy, whilst slotting seamlessly into Robbie or SWP's place is Ribery.

Then again I might just be talking out of my arse Razz

stony
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by jimharri on October 7th 2009, 00:41

bluealf wrote:
jimharri wrote:
bluealf wrote:Seriously i would experiment with swp at right back against a lesser team.

Tin hats for sale, i may need one Very Happy
How much have you had to drink tonight Alf? That ranks up alongside Elano at full back and David James being moved up front!!
What a Face

Now you are being silly Jim.

Swp has played RB before (so had Elano tbh) under keegan.

He gets stuck into his tackles, isnt afraid to work up and down the flank, his crosses would be considered good because he is a full back lol.

Really he would be the ideal wing back in a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 formation if you prefer, i havnt drank that much and it is a lot better than thinking James up front was a good move. (but didnt that nearly work ?)

I want SWP in the team he excites me and he is ours so next year we will need him to make the new rules work in our favour.

There is method in all madness you know Razz
Can't see it happening to be honest Alf. Although your logic re. the new "home grown" players ruling makes sense


Last edited by jimharri on October 7th 2009, 21:34; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jimharri
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Age : 54
Location : Mayo, Ireland
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by quiet_riot on October 7th 2009, 20:01

Is Ribery actually any good? Can't honestly say I've seen him play that much.
avatar
quiet_riot
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by stony on October 7th 2009, 20:23

quiet_riot wrote:Is Ribery actually any good? Can't honestly say I've seen him play that much.


Bacon face is supposed to have been after him for years.

stony
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by Derek on October 7th 2009, 21:41

Some ex byern player has said without him they are at best average. So he must be quite good.
avatar
Derek
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3025
Age : 25
Location : inside something warm and fuzzy.
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by bluealf on October 7th 2009, 22:19

I would take him, a higher class Petrov but not for 70mil No
avatar
bluealf
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 9245
Age : 45
Location : I have looked and it is a dark dark room.
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by Derek on October 8th 2009, 14:50

Surly we don't need him. Robinho, Tevez and Bellamy behind Ade would be more than good enough.
avatar
Derek
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3025
Age : 25
Location : inside something warm and fuzzy.
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by KippaxLad on October 8th 2009, 20:59

Robbie simply has to stay. He's way too good to let go.
avatar
KippaxLad
Shaun Goater's Right Shin

Male
Number of posts : 1750
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Bellamy vs Robinho

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum