Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

city v villa

+10
bluealf
Stato
GStar
jimharri
TheMightyQuinn
AntonDonJuan
trino
mat
stony
shinpads
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

city v villa - Page 3 Empty Re: city v villa

Post by madsmcfc March 5th 2009, 18:45

Great game last night. SWP by far MoM though how he missed that chance in the first half is beyond me. Thought we stuttered a bit when De Jong went off injured a few minutes into the second half, but soon got our rhythm back.

Twas great to keep a clean sheet, although to be fair Villa never really looked like scoring. I've seen them play a few times this season on the telly and they've always looked pretty sh*t to be honest, I'm surprised they are where they are in the table.....maybe their luck's finally run out. With Arsenal getting Fabregas and Walcott back shortly, I think they'll pip Villa to that fourth spot.

Good to see us up to 8th as well, though 10 points between 8th and 6th is probably a bit too much for us to make up! Laughing

Great atmosphere, great night at COMS! Enjoyed it immensely!
madsmcfc
madsmcfc
Michael Frontzeck's Dirty Ring

Female
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar March 5th 2009, 18:52

madsmcfc wrote:Great game last night. SWP by far MoM though how he missed that chance in the first half is beyond me. Thought we stuttered a bit when De Jong went off injured a few minutes into the second half, but soon got our rhythm back.

Twas great to keep a clean sheet, although to be fair Villa never really looked like scoring. I've seen them play a few times this season on the telly and they've always looked pretty sh*t to be honest, I'm surprised they are where they are in the table.....maybe their luck's finally run out. With Arsenal getting Fabregas and Walcott back shortly, I think they'll pip Villa to that fourth spot.

Good to see us up to 8th as well, though 10 points between 8th and 6th is probably a bit too much for us to make up! Laughing

Great atmosphere, great night at COMS! Enjoyed it immensely!

For only the second or perhaps third time this season, in the second half there was a rendition of Bluemoon that went right around the ground, gives me shivers when that happens it really does shake the place!
GStar
GStar
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by madsmcfc March 5th 2009, 19:18

I always think that for some reason the atmosphere is always better at night games. Don't know why really.
madsmcfc
madsmcfc

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jimharri March 5th 2009, 20:29

madsmcfc wrote:I always think that for some reason the atmosphere is always better at night games. Don't know why really.
Always preferred the night games when I had a season ticket (back in the time of the crusades!). I remember the 4-0 over the vermin in the League cup in '75-76 and the FA Cup Q/F replay over the blue dippers in '81 as being particularly er, "atmospheric"!
jimharri
jimharri

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato March 5th 2009, 21:33

thoroughly enjoyed last night, swp had his best game this season, elano played well too, zab did well keeping young quite, in fact pretty much everyone played well. Very Happy
great to see Boj too. Very Happy
Stato
Stato

Male
Number of posts : 4593
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by madsmcfc March 5th 2009, 22:05

jimharri wrote:
madsmcfc wrote:I always think that for some reason the atmosphere is always better at night games. Don't know why really.
Always preferred the night games when I had a season ticket (back in the time of the crusades!). I remember the 4-0 over the vermin in the League cup in '75-76 and the FA Cup Q/F replay over the blue dippers in '81 as being particularly er, "atmospheric"!

Night games at Maine Road were awesome.

Although I've supported City since I was six or seven, only been going regularly for the last 12 odd years. I've never lived in Manchester, so never had the opportunity to go whilst growing up and in my married years before I got divorced.
madsmcfc
madsmcfc

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pipadee March 6th 2009, 23:04

Thought that was Shauny's best game for a long time, he was superb. Enjoyed the game. Thought Zabba was by far more effective than Micah at RB.
pipadee
pipadee

Female
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3