Tne big "surprise" signing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tne big "surprise" signing

Post by Guest on December 30th 2008, 23:52

Does anyone think it will happen in this January window?

Even if it DOES happen, after all the ITK's and rumours it won't feel like a surprise. And anything less will simply be an anti climax now surely?

Back to top Go down

Re: Tne big "surprise" signing

Post by jimharri on December 30th 2008, 23:58

mackenzie wrote:Does anyone think it will happen in this January window?

Even if it DOES happen, after all the ITK's and rumours it won't feel like a surprise. And anything less will simply be an anti climax now surely?
Almost certainly, there will be no 'megastar' signings. Proven Prem players, IMO. Whatever the summer may bring! Note, I did say ALMOST certainly!!
*adjusts cushion on top of fence*
jimharri
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4303
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar on December 30th 2008, 23:58

I think we'll get someone, despite what the board say, Cook isn't afraid to tell reporters that we want big name signings here so suffice to say they'll try and make one this window, even if it isn't one we've already been linked with.

For me, if we didn't sign a Kaka or a Villa (Buffon wouldn't be a great signing for me - crazy as it sounds) i wouldn't be disheartened. We need the Carvalho, the Viera, the Cambiasso players... the ones who hold the team together, who might not be the biggest superstars but yet that's thier beauty... they do their job so well you sometimes forget how much they mean.

I think after January we'll have some stop gaps that will make us a much harder team to beat in the short term, but whilst pissing some bluemooners off will give us a much more stable foundation from which to build from in the summer.
GStar

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mat on December 30th 2008, 23:58

I think there will be and it'll be someone not mentioned that'll make every blue shout "fuck me!" in unison.

I also think we'll put in silly bids for players we won't get and maybe Gazump the rags again to tell the rest of the prem were coming for you....soon!
mat

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 31st 2008, 00:01

mat wrote:I think there will be and it'll be someone not mentioned that'll make every blue shout "fuck me!" in unison.

I also think we'll put in silly bids for players we won't get and maybe Gazump the rags again to tell the rest of the prem were coming for you....soon!

I do still think that there may be ONE player that nobody has even got a clue about.

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot on December 31st 2008, 01:21

Part of me wants it to not happen, so 'biggest blue ever' De Niro fucks off.

WUM
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf on December 31st 2008, 01:36

quiet_riot wrote:Part of me wants it to not happen, so 'biggest blue ever' De Niro fucks off.

WUM

Controversial Shocked
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9245
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot on December 31st 2008, 01:45

bluealf wrote:
quiet_riot wrote:Part of me wants it to not happen, so 'biggest blue ever' De Niro fucks off.

WUM

Controversial Shocked

He loved the attention that thread got him, and every time it goes a bit quiet, he drags it back up, or adds a bit more bullshit to it.
quiet_riot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads on December 31st 2008, 05:05

quiet_riot wrote:
bluealf wrote:

WUM

Controversial Shocked

He loved the attention that thread got him, and every time it goes a bit quiet, he drags it back up, or adds a bit more bullshit to it.

if you have ever met bill you would know he doesnt bullshit, yes he does like attention, but no where near as much as viewing BM would have you believe. Just look a little past what could be seen as WUMming and you will see that a lot of what he says and does is taking the piss out of those who take BM too seriously. This is a man who was prepared to take a trawler to the faroes to watch our club, a man who will give a lift to the ground to someone he has only known for 10 mins(that will be me), someone who has been a driving force behind raising money for big stu, and someone who gets tickets for the likes of big stu at the drop of a hat. If you want to look for someone who wants the title of biggest blue ever I think you need to look further afield, bill looks for no praise in what he does , he is just himself , a pisstaking old bugger who actually gives a shit about others. Two years ago he had tickets to west ham away, couldnt go and gave me one of the tickets, he knew i couldnt afford it, but was happier that i went, enjoyed the game, and bought him a beer than making money from touting it.

Not telling anyone how to think of bill, you think how you want to but from my point of view he is one of the most honest genuine and generouse blokes i have ever met.
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............

Back to top Go down

Post by stony on December 31st 2008, 13:37

Not long until the window opens now. I'm gonna be sat in front of SSN all day tomorrow with a crate of stella and a packed lunch Popcorn

stony

Number of posts : 10352

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot on December 31st 2008, 15:06

shinpads wrote:
quiet_riot wrote:
bluealf wrote:

WUM

Controversial Shocked

if you have ever met bill you would know he doesnt bullshit, yes he does like attention, but no where near as much as viewing BM would have you believe. Just look a little past what could be seen as WUMming and you will see that a lot of what he says and does is taking the piss out of those who take BM too seriously. This is a man who was prepared to take a trawler to the faroes to watch our club, a man who will give a lift to the ground to someone he has only known for 10 mins(that will be me), someone who has been a driving force behind raising money for big stu, and someone who gets tickets for the likes of big stu at the drop of a hat. If you want to look for someone who wants the title of biggest blue ever I think you need to look further afield, bill looks for no praise in what he does , he is just himself , a pisstaking old bugger who actually gives a shit about others. Two years ago he had tickets to west ham away, couldnt go and gave me one of the tickets, he knew i couldnt afford it, but was happier that i went, enjoyed the game, and bought him a beer than making money from touting it.

Not telling anyone how to think of bill, you think how you want to but from my point of view he is one of the most honest genuine and generouse blokes i have ever met.

I've met him, he's funny as fuck, maybe this ITK stuff is just a pisstake, maybe it's truth...it's just grinding on me is all.

Maybe I'm just a cynical mofo.
quiet_riot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads on December 31st 2008, 15:31

quiet_riot wrote:
shinpads wrote:
quiet_riot wrote:
bluealf wrote:

WUM

Controversial Shocked

I've met him, he's funny as fuck, maybe this ITK stuff is just a pisstake, maybe it's truth...it's just grinding on me is all.

Maybe I'm just a cynical mofo.

sorry if it came across as a rant QR, and i understand about the ITKs, 99% of them are pisstakes
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............

Back to top Go down

Post by maineman on December 31st 2008, 16:19

is this big signing someones biography
maineman
Shaun Goater's Right Shin

Male
Number of posts : 1614
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot on December 31st 2008, 16:46

shinpads wrote:
sorry if it came across as a rant QR, and i understand about the ITKs, 99% of them are pisstakes

Not at all, I know you weren't having a go, we don't do that here. I love you
quiet_riot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top