City V WBA. And Hughes.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: City V WBA. And Hughes.

Post by GStar on December 21st 2008, 20:10

mackenzie wrote:
GStar wrote:Hughes did nothing wrong today... he set up 442, tried to make us solid and difficult to beat.

He did what he could with what he had, perhaps bring on Caicedo earlier, Garrido LM at half time for Gelson to give Ireland a chance in the middle but thats just personal preference.

Ball made last season's Garrido look solid, Dunne was absolutely pathetic as too was Richards who has cost us two goals in two weeks.

Ireland/Kompany/SWP are the only ones to come out of or matches with any credibility. Caicedo proved the wankers on BM who wrote him off wrong again but its the players door i lay the blame at tonight, i dont see what the manager did wrong.

Me neither tbh.

Thought the starting 11 and the substitution the best he had to deal with.

Dunne and Richards need to go, or at least play as squad members only.

I get the feeling Hughes is very "My way or the high way" Ireland benefits from this, Garrido obviousl has, but mnay more haven't fallen into line and we're suffereing as a consequence.

i don't know what to think, on one hand, the manager is the players boss, if they don't fall into line they should be disciplined and moved on as in any other walk of life, however on the other hand perhaps they're rebelling for a reason?

Dunne has kept us up season after season, Richards broke through as a potential world beater, Elano was our new messiah... all three look distinctly average at best. If Hughes is attempting to emulate Ferguson the problem he has right now is reputation - he has none, players wont be scared into line as they have nothing to respect him for.

Its a tough one because long term it could work - do we risk the possibility of it not working at all and blowing several years worth of possible progress and rebuilding time trying to find out or do we cut our losses and buy in a proven world beater?

if we decide to stick for now - how long do we realistically give MH, on current form, until his position becomes untennable?
GStar
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 3890
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek on December 21st 2008, 20:16

If we are still in this position at the end of January then he goes. No questions asked.
Derek

Male
Number of posts : 3025
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 21st 2008, 20:24

GStar wrote:
Its a tough one because long term it could work - do we risk the possibility of it not working at all and blowing several years worth of possible progress and rebuilding time trying to find out or do we cut our losses and buy in a proven world beater?

if we decide to stick for now - how long do we realistically give MH, on current form, until his position becomes untennable?

Gut instinct GS? Hughes will not really have the time to do what he wants. Whether what he wants is the answer I have no idea.

In a way I am sick of the money and I think Hughes would have built a good side without it. And I think he knows that too and explains why he wants to cut the deadwood, resulting in clashes behind the scenes.

I have no time for Elano anymore. From what Ric says he is a troublemaker and any player that takes the piss out of the Manager has to go in my book.

I just think that Hughes was in the wrong place on September 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar on December 21st 2008, 20:34

mackenzie wrote:
GStar wrote:

Gut instinct GS? Hughes will not really have the time to do what he wants. Whether what he wants is the answer I have no idea.

In a way I am sick of the money and I think Hughes would have built a good side without it. And I think he knows that too and explains why he wants to cut the deadwood, resulting in clashes behind the scenes.

I have no time for Elano anymore. From what Ric says he is a troublemaker and any player that takes the piss out of the Manager has to go in my book.

I just think that Hughes was in the wrong place on September 1.

i hate what BM has become, a bunch of 15 year olds and grown men acting like 15 year olds screaming for our managers head when he's had less than half a season to put his mark on things.

His style is completely different Svens and this "richest club in the world" tag doesn't help nor the twatishly stupid expectations that some of us have seemingly got because of it.

The team today was the strongest available and was, quite frankly a mid table team at best - its not surprising a strikeforce which has scored 3/4 goals between it this season and a centre midfield partnership which has scored two and not played in those positions thins season together struggled.

Why do we have to be successfull straight away? Our fully fit squad beat a weak Arsenal, should have beat a full strength Liverpool, took the lead agaisnt a full strength Chelsea and was beaten by a scrappy tap in by Utd. We've finished top of our Uefa Cup group, the only English team to do so and we're stil lthe second highest scorers in the league - so its not ALL bad.

Hughes' off field demeaner (sp) really does worry me, but so to does the players seeming unwillingness to comply. Dunne/SWP?Ireland have all come out in support of the manager and training in recent weeks and months yet every day we hear spilts in the camp.

I've no idea what to think becasue theres so much information flying around its hard to know what to believe... All i do know is that the attitude that "I never supported Hughes because he is a rag and i had the balls to say so" is complete fuckwittery - anyone with that stance is not someone i want to be associated with when concerned with MCFC, the other is i have an uneasy feeling about sacking a manager who has had no time to spend any money whilst expecting to achieve the results that come with the "richest club..." tagline in the meantime.
GStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek on December 21st 2008, 20:39

100% agree. But I think if there is any chance of us going down, which I think there could be if results don't improve after the transfer window, then something has to be done and the only thing to do is sack the manager.
Derek

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato on December 21st 2008, 21:09

morning.

what have i missed??
Stato

Male
Number of posts : 4589
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 21st 2008, 21:13

Good post GS

I'm tired of fighting off the "Hughes is a RAG" posts to be honest. It's pathetic.

I think that City are going through a transition that no other Club has gone through before. In a way the timing was awful (but Thank God they did) and we had a Manager that was given one agenda to then have to switch to a completely different one.

How anyone could have expected this to be HIS team is beyond me, and I still think that a Hughes team could do the business. Whether that lies sweetly with the money now available is the question.

The injuries pre season were calamitous and the decline of Dunne and Richards is now an expensive oversight.Kompany was a great buy though. As was Zab.

We need to replace Dunne and Richards, and quick.

Back to top Go down

Post by maineman on December 21st 2008, 21:16

the welsh rag has to go now
maineman
Shaun Goater's Right Shin

Male
Number of posts : 1614
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf on December 21st 2008, 21:20

Joćo Silva wrote:100% agree. But I think if there is any chance of us going down, which I think there could be if results don't improve after the transfer window, then something has to be done and the only thing to do is sack the manager.

Or kill all the dereks in the world ?

You chop and change every other post make your mind up or fuck off.

You want him and defend him, then its well if you want him out, i will side with you etc etc etc.
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9245
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf on December 21st 2008, 21:20

Stato wrote:morning.

what have i missed??

wank wank wank wank
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 21st 2008, 21:21

maineman wrote:the welsh rag has to go now

GGGrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

If Hughes has to go then so do some of the players.

They are the ones that are supposed to do it on the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf on December 21st 2008, 21:22

good post GStar Sad

crying because it's true
bluealf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stony on December 21st 2008, 21:30

He's had enough chances, 18 of them. Bottom 3 is nowhere near good enough. Quicker he goes the better.

stony

Number of posts : 10352
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar on December 21st 2008, 21:37

mackenzie wrote:Good post GS

I'm tired of fighting off the "Hughes is a RAG" posts to be honest. It's pathetic.

I think that City are going through a transition that no other Club has gone through before. In a way the timing was awful (but Thank God they did) and we had a Manager that was given one agenda to then have to switch to a completely different one.

How anyone could have expected this to be HIS team is beyond me, and I still think that a Hughes team could do the business. Whether that lies sweetly with the money now available is the question.

The injuries pre season were calamitous and the decline of Dunne and Richards is now an expensive oversight.Kompany was a great buy though. As was Zab.

But do we need to replace them or will another manager help them rediscover thier best form. They are more than decent palyers, Micah's potential was/is huge... you surely can lose that almost overnight.

Thats the question i don't know the answer to and its why i've no idea whether Hughes is the right man or not... I'll just keep singing for the players and the manager until thy are no longer there or my viens explode Laughing
GStar

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads on December 21st 2008, 21:41

Joćo Silva wrote:
shinpads wrote:
Joćo Silva wrote:Give him the hull game. If we lose, don't sack him, kill him. If we win (and play well) keep him.

proof positive you are as stupid as you sound, god why am i even replying to you .................
Because I disagree with you??

no
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 21st 2008, 21:44

GStar wrote:
mackenzie wrote:Good post GS

But do we need to replace them or will another manager help them rediscover thier best form. They are more than decent palyers, Micah's potential was/is huge... you surely can lose that almost overnight.

Thats the question i don't know the answer to and its why i've no idea whether Hughes is the right man or not... I'll just keep singing for the players and the manager until thy are no longer there or my viens explode Laughing

I'll stick my neck out here and say that both need replacing. They were dodgy before Hughes imho. Said it ages ago on here.

And yes, I get the veins exploding bit. Me too. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato on December 21st 2008, 21:47

bluealf wrote:
Stato wrote:morning.

what have i missed??

wank wank wank wank
Sad
Stato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar on December 21st 2008, 21:49

stony wrote:He's had enough chances, 18 of them. Bottom 3 is nowhere near good enough. Quicker he goes the better.

I asked you to manage my craft shop as i've become a billionaire, words gets out about my good fortune and suddenly everyone believes my shop should be selling far superior products than any other craft shop.

You come into work to find i've been making and selling products that I like as opposed to perhaps products that are up market and industry standard. So for the first few months you struggle to sell the stock because its not the kind of stock you've been used to working with.

Over Xmas i promise you some money to buy some stock that you think will improve upon both the image of our shop and the sales, however, because of the time of year, most distributors are already busy with deals to major outlets so you have to search and make do with what you can get.

Sure enough sales increase and the shop starts to look a bit more how you intended... come summer you make some major stock and appearence changes that you think will again improve sales and give our shop a better image.

Sure enough within a few years you're heading a sustainible business originally headed by my capital... You've had people telling you all along you'd never suceed at MY shop because you used to work at "Belle-Crafts" a rival shop across town.

However now these people look a little silly, i saw what you'd done previously and knew that you couldn't work to your optimum with my left overs, those that were doubting you and calling for a new store manager are now coming in and buying your stock thus making you even more successful...

The story ends with us both holding the F.A Cup at Wembely a few years down the line... Wink
GStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stato on December 21st 2008, 21:52

i am normally all for giving the manager time to settle but being in the bottom 3, losing to bottom and playing badly, is just not good enough for me.
Fully expect him to be gone sometime before the hull game.
Stato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot on December 21st 2008, 22:14

GStar wrote:Hughes did nothing wrong today... he set up 442, tried to make us solid and difficult to beat.

He did what he could with what he had, perhaps bring on Caicedo earlier, Garrido LM at half time for Gelson to give Ireland a chance in the middle but thats just personal preference.

Ball made last season's Garrido look solid, Dunne was absolutely pathetic as too was Richards who has cost us two goals in two weeks.

Ireland/Kompany/SWP are the only ones to come out of or matches with any credibility. Caicedo proved the wankers on BM who wrote him off wrong again but its the players door i lay the blame at tonight, i dont see what the manager did wrong.

I'll tell you what he did wrong.

Started with Vassell
Started with Benjani, a clearly not fit one at that.
Put SWP in the middle and Gelson on the right for large portions of the game.
Put Ireland on the left.
Played Ball.
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122

Back to top Go down

Post by GStar on December 21st 2008, 22:17

quiet_riot wrote:

I'll tell you what he did wrong.

Started with Vassell
Started with Benjani, a clearly not fit one at that.
Put SWP in the middle and Gelson on the right for large portions of the game.
Put Ireland on the left.
Played Ball.

He played our two most experienced strikers... Gelson never played RM? SWP played there all game and drifted inside when Zabaleta overlaped. Ireland was one of our best palyers today but i would have liked to have seen a second half with Garrido LM and Ireland CM. Garrido is coming back from injury though hence Ball played.

I think playing Evans and Caicedo upfront would have been a naive move and our starting 11 was probably our strongest XI we had today.
GStar

Back to top Go down

Post by quiet_riot on December 21st 2008, 22:18

GStar wrote:our starting 11 was probably our strongest XI we had today.

We'll agree to disagree.
quiet_riot

Male
Number of posts : 4122

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek on December 22nd 2008, 02:46

bluealf wrote:
Joćo Silva wrote:100% agree. But I think if there is any chance of us going down, which I think there could be if results don't improve after the transfer window, then something has to be done and the only thing to do is sack the manager.

Or kill all the dereks in the world ?

You chop and change every other post make your mind up or fuck off.

You want him and defend him, then its well if you want him out, i will side with you etc etc etc.
No, I want him here and I like him but I do not want us to get relegated which I think is a real possibility if results have not improved by late January/early February.
You cant change a team then but you can change a manager.
Derek

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top