Bozo's Blues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am getting fooked off with never playing on a Saturday?

5 posters

Go down

I am getting fooked off with never playing on a Saturday? Empty I am getting fooked off with never playing on a Saturday?

Post by robspankthemonkey November 8th 2008, 13:29

Whats the fookin idea,
I know this week its because of the European game but its getting beyond a joke now,
If i could get get to the games as often as i would like i would be well pissed off there's nothing better than a 3 o'clock kick of on a Saturday,
Some of my feeling on this are a bit nostalgic as well as that time reminds me of my favorite games at Maine Road,
To be honest as well i have never been a major fan of Sunday afternoon kick offs the only advantage now is that it is on TV if you can't make the game.
The pub on Saturday before and after the match was all ways best on a Saturday as well especially the Parkside,
The Police should stop being so soft as well and lets have the derby in evening again some times like it used to be.
robspankthemonkey
robspankthemonkey
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 5063
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

I am getting fooked off with never playing on a Saturday? Empty Re: I am getting fooked off with never playing on a Saturday?

Post by robspankthemonkey November 8th 2008, 18:22

Was this thread that shit? Sad
robspankthemonkey
robspankthemonkey

Male
Number of posts : 5063
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

I am getting fooked off with never playing on a Saturday? Empty Re: I am getting fooked off with never playing on a Saturday?

Post by mat November 8th 2008, 18:35

I think it does hark back to nostalgia.

Me and the old man used to get the bus from Greenbrow rd to the princess pub (106?) pre match, then walk to Maine road, go into the social club after then bus back to my grans. There was definite more of a routine then.

But my feeling is they should all be played on Sunday at 1400 as i think this would make it fairer as no team would have an advantage and maybe a domino affect of fizzy pop gates improving due to better TV coverage . But with Sky calling the tune i suspect we may play a derby at 7am on a Saturday to get large ratings in Asia.
No
mat
mat

Male
Number of posts : 5770
Registration date : 2008-01-07

http://www.rmt.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by shinpads November 8th 2008, 18:38

bring back saturdays, i fooking hate the ammount of games that get moved for whatever reason. bring back the parkside.
shinpads
shinpads

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KippaxLad November 8th 2008, 19:13

shinpads wrote:bring back saturdays, i fooking hate the ammount of games that get moved for whatever reason. bring back the parkside.

Is that a block of flats now? sorry,Apartments?

I grew up across the road from that boozer,beautiful building
KippaxLad
KippaxLad
Shaun Goater's Right Shin

Male
Number of posts : 1750
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bluealf November 8th 2008, 20:21

robspankthemonkey wrote:
To be honest as well i have never been a major fan of Sunday afternoon kick offs the only advantage now is that it is on TV if you can't make the game.

Embarassed cheers
bluealf
bluealf

Male
Number of posts : 9248
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down