Hughes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

yes or no

42% 42% 
[ 8 ]
58% 58% 
[ 11 ]
 
Total Votes : 19

Re: Hughes

Post by Ducado on June 2nd 2008, 22:14

Rascal wrote:What will be considered success?

Not getting beaten by Chelsea 6-0 a bit bit more entertaining football, a bit more grit
avatar
Ducado
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 3930
Age : 50
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Rascal on June 2nd 2008, 22:16

Unfortunatly what we consider success has been shown to have no bearing.

If Hughes takes a while to bed in and things dont go well, will trigger happy Thaksin strike again.
avatar
Rascal
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 5540
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Guest on June 2nd 2008, 22:18

Rascal wrote:Unfortunatly what we consider success has been shown to have no bearing.

If Hughes takes a while to bed in and things dont go well, will trigger happy Thaksin strike again.

You know what I think of Thaksin's antics these last few months Russ, so yes that is a fear for me.

However, we have to see how things pan out.....not a lot of choice really.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Rascal on June 2nd 2008, 22:20

Very true.

I just wish he would fuck off Sad
avatar
Rascal
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 5540
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by AntonDonJuan on June 2nd 2008, 22:23

Hughes wasn't born a rag fan, he played for them so therefore has an affiliation with the club.

He is the best we will get at this moment, and i think he is a great up and coming manager. Like a rich man's Stuart Pearce.

One thing is for sure, players will be giving 100% every single game with him in charge, there will be no slacking. He also has Blackburn playing some fantastic attacking football on a shoestring budget
avatar
AntonDonJuan
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 5666
Age : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Guest on June 2nd 2008, 22:24

Rascal wrote:Very true.

I just wish he would fuck off Sad

I think you should email him and tell him. Laughing Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on June 2nd 2008, 23:45

AntonDonJuan wrote:Hughes wasn't born a rag fan, he played for them so therefore has an affiliation with the club.

He is the best we will get at this moment, and i think he is a great up and coming manager. Like a rich man's Stuart Pearce.

One thing is for sure, players will be giving 100% every single game with him in charge, there will be no slacking. He also has Blackburn playing some fantastic attacking football on a shoestring budget

13 fooking years he played for them and if i remember correctly in 1991 that rag cunt put peter ried in hospital with broken ribs. He is the same to me as cuntona and keane, thug rag. Can you tell i am going to take a lot of convincing. we sack a man who has a proven record of achieving success at club level all over europe, who took us top 10 snd delivered european football, to replace him with someone who's managed to achieve what? failure to qualify for anything with wales (ok thats a bit harsh but none the less true) and with blackbum what has he won? mid table mediocrity is what blackbum seem to see as success these days, jack walker would be turning in his grave.
I cant believe the mail order chairman has set his sights so low, unless no fucker else wants the job after the horrific way sven has been treated.
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Guest on June 2nd 2008, 23:50

I think it possible/probable that Thaksin has been on a bit of a learning curve recently. Unless the links with "big" names was a smokescreen (something I am not discounting). The PR may have been the main reason and for all we know Thaksin could have been setting his sights lower for ages.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Lee1pen on June 2nd 2008, 23:50

I think he has the potential to be a good manager santa
avatar
Lee1pen
Niall Quinn's Big Fod

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on June 2nd 2008, 23:55

mackenzie wrote:I think it possible/probable that Thaksin has been on a bit of a learning curve recently. Unless the links with "big" names was a smokescreen (something I am not discounting). The PR may have been the main reason and for all we know Thaksin could have been setting his sights lower for ages.

i dont think he is a man to set his sights low , and i honestly dont think you do either macca. sacking sven is a sign of wanting more, and quickly in my opinion, so if he was setting his sights lower why sack sven and cost yourself millions in compensation.
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on June 2nd 2008, 23:56

Lee1pen wrote:I think he has the potential to be a good manager santa

whens tranny leaving and whens whiskey nose retiring santa
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Lee1pen on June 3rd 2008, 00:00

charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:I think he has the potential to be a good manager santa

whens tranny leaving and whens whiskey nose retiring santa

If the money is right I will take him myself. Seen it all before. As for the wizard, I think they may have to bring somebody through who knows the club. Ronaldo, I dont think he has done himself any favours by the way he has acted. I know agents are behind most of this stuff but he should have just kept his gob shut. He has had a terrific season but its easily forgotten when the next man comes
avatar
Lee1pen
Niall Quinn's Big Fod

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on June 3rd 2008, 00:07

Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:I think he has the potential to be a good manager santa

whens tranny leaving and whens whiskey nose retiring santa

If the money is right I will take him myself. Seen it all before. As for the wizard, I think they may have to bring somebody through who knows the club. Ronaldo, I dont think he has done himself any favours by the way he has acted. I know agents are behind most of this stuff but he should have just kept his gob shut. He has had a terrific season but its easily forgotten when the next man comes

similar response to my rag workmates really, and i quote "if he doesnt want to play for us anymore he can fuck off now" , as for whiskey nose hasnt he been bigging up carl queernose recently?

cant you have hughes, i dont want him here Suspect
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Lee1pen on June 3rd 2008, 00:10

charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:I think he has the potential to be a good manager santa

whens tranny leaving and whens whiskey nose retiring santa

If the money is right I will take him myself. Seen it all before. As for the wizard, I think they may have to bring somebody through who knows the club. Ronaldo, I dont think he has done himself any favours by the way he has acted. I know agents are behind most of this stuff but he should have just kept his gob shut. He has had a terrific season but its easily forgotten when the next man comes

similar response to my rag workmates really, and i quote "if he doesnt want to play for us anymore he can fuck off now" , as for whiskey nose hasnt he been bigging up carl queernose recently?

cant you have hughes, i dont want him here Suspect


That should be the attitude for any football club

CLUB > PLAYER.... every day of the week

Mangers job, I think somebody will slip in under the radar

PS

I have shaken Hughesys hand at a football presentation
avatar
Lee1pen
Niall Quinn's Big Fod

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on June 3rd 2008, 00:23

like i said cant you have him?
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Lee1pen on June 3rd 2008, 00:25

charlies shinpads wrote:like i said cant you have him?

What has your club got as other GENUINE options??
avatar
Lee1pen
Niall Quinn's Big Fod

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Guest on June 3rd 2008, 00:40

charlies shinpads wrote:
mackenzie wrote:I think it possible/probable that Thaksin has been on a bit of a learning curve recently. Unless the links with "big" names was a smokescreen (something I am not discounting). The PR may have been the main reason and for all we know Thaksin could have been setting his sights lower for ages.

i dont think he is a man to set his sights low , and i honestly dont think you do either macca. sacking sven is a sign of wanting more, and quickly in my opinion, so if he was setting his sights lower why sack sven and cost yourself millions in compensation.

You're right, was merely playing with the idea. However, the only alternative is that Thaksin has fucked up big time....and that was always my gut instinct. I don't disregard his PR approach entirely though.

In fact, that is why I think he went for Sven in the first place. Very high profile Manager whose last job was the manager of the National football team where his new club was situated. That wasn't a coincidence I am sure.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on June 3rd 2008, 00:42

Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:like i said cant you have him?

What has your club got as other GENUINE options??

Zico, scolari i believe are genuine options but the way the club is fucking about we could end up with our tea lady. I honestly all my anti hughes bias aside dont think he is the man for the job. (come on chelski beat us to it). I am still stunned at the stupidity that has meant Sven has gone, and am actually angered by it. Being a mere mortal fan I am not best placed to say who we can get, but i can voice my dissaproval at the options being put in front of me.
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by josh06 on June 3rd 2008, 00:44

quiet_riot wrote:
Ducado wrote:But if he brings us a bit more success Stony?

Is that not we all want from our team, we can not live on cult status forever, I know loads of Blues who gave up years ago, nothing to do with Frank, more to do with their patience running out, it does not matter where they come from in terms of a manager but what they do with the team.


It's not about trophies. it's about pride. It's about City. Manchester City.

I couldn't care less if City win nothing ever. But if we do, I want it done the City way.

I wish a lot of others could see it that way. Sad

Funny thing is, i had a random thought the other day. Along the lines of "Why did i accept Cole playing for us - he was a rag end off" and i thought it shouldn't have happend - and now this comes to surface. Tbh it wont feel like City anymore if there is a rag in charge. Already starting to feel that was as it is.pale
avatar
josh06
Richard Edghill's Right Arse Cheek

Male
Number of posts : 51
Age : 27
Location : Dukinfield
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Lee1pen on June 3rd 2008, 00:48

charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:like i said cant you have him?

What has your club got as other GENUINE options??

Zico, scolari i believe are genuine options but the way the club is fucking about we could end up with our tea lady. I honestly all my anti hughes bias aside dont think he is the man for the job. (come on chelski beat us to it). I am still stunned at the stupidity that has meant Sven has gone, and am actually angered by it. Being a mere mortal fan I am not best placed to say who we can get, but i can voice my dissaproval at the options being put in front of me.


My personal belief alll along was they were in cahoots. The United shirt waving chairman and Sven scratched each others backs. Sven will go to Chelsea. Zico, any experience in this department?? I mean proper on the case. Scolari possibly, is the man with the money actually going to put out ??
avatar
Lee1pen
Niall Quinn's Big Fod

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on June 3rd 2008, 00:55

Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:like i said cant you have him?

What has your club got as other GENUINE options??

Zico, scolari i believe are genuine options but the way the club is fucking about we could end up with our tea lady. I honestly all my anti hughes bias aside dont think he is the man for the job. (come on chelski beat us to it). I am still stunned at the stupidity that has meant Sven has gone, and am actually angered by it. Being a mere mortal fan I am not best placed to say who we can get, but i can voice my dissaproval at the options being put in front of me.


My personal belief alll along was they were in cahoots. The United shirt waving chairman and Sven scratched each others backs. Sven will go to Chelsea. Zico, any experience in this department?? I mean proper on the case. Scolari possibly, is the man with the money actually going to put out ??

Money wont be there till next season if the programme notes from our last home game are to be believed, but he may have to change his ideas on that now. Zico is with fenerbache and has won the turkish league and cup (ok its a bit like celtic and rangers out there but still), and has seen european action with them. He also won the asian cup with japan, all of which is more than your mate has won as a coach. So in my view he is as well if not better placed than hugues, and could attract better players.
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Lee1pen on June 3rd 2008, 00:57

charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:
Lee1pen wrote:
charlies shinpads wrote:like i said cant you have him?

What has your club got as other GENUINE options??

Zico, scolari i believe are genuine options but the way the club is fucking about we could end up with our tea lady. I honestly all my anti hughes bias aside dont think he is the man for the job. (come on chelski beat us to it). I am still stunned at the stupidity that has meant Sven has gone, and am actually angered by it. Being a mere mortal fan I am not best placed to say who we can get, but i can voice my dissaproval at the options being put in front of me.


My personal belief alll along was they were in cahoots. The United shirt waving chairman and Sven scratched each others backs. Sven will go to Chelsea. Zico, any experience in this department?? I mean proper on the case. Scolari possibly, is the man with the money actually going to put out ??

Money wont be there till next season if the programme notes from our last home game are to be believed, but he may have to change his ideas on that now. Zico is with fenerbache and has won the turkish league and cup (ok its a bit like celtic and rangers out there but still), and has seen european action with them. He also won the asian cup with japan, all of which is more than your mate has won as a coach. So in my view he is as well if not better placed than hugues, and could attract better players.


and he scored the winner against Ipswich in 81
avatar
Lee1pen
Niall Quinn's Big Fod

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Admin on December 21st 2008, 23:26

Quite an interesting read, I had to have a little giggle at Anton's post -

AntonDonJuan wrote:One thing is for sure, players will be giving 100% every single game with him in charge, there will be no slacking.

Admin
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Number of posts : 8222
Location : Admin
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by quiet_riot on December 21st 2008, 23:36

Bozo wrote:Quite an interesting read, I had to have a little giggle at Anton's post -

AntonDonJuan wrote:One thing is for sure, players will be giving 100% every single game with him in charge, there will be no slacking.


Hindsight is 20/20!
avatar
quiet_riot
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 4122
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by shinpads on December 22nd 2008, 01:56

I obviously had my doubts to start with and didnt think he was up to the job, i think we could have chosen better but when we got him i was prepared to give him a chance, but to take us into the bottom 3 by xmas is fucking shocking, and even tho i wont boo at the ground like everyone else since he got here will still not be singing his name. He has had his chance as far as i am concerned, and is not what we need to progress.
avatar
shinpads
Colin Bell's Left Testicle

Male
Number of posts : 3860
Age : 51
Location : midlife crisis , the continuing episode..............
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Hughes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum